Pastor Freddie T. & Lady Lisa Cole
“Igniting a Passion for Christ”
Closer Through Fellowship
Deeper Through Discipleship
Stronger Through Worship
Broader Through Ministry
Larger Through Evangelism
The book of Acts gives us a model for igniting a passion for Christ:
1. Fellowship – This is more than just a feeling of goodwill in a church family. It is the result of the intimate spiritual relationship that Christians share with God and other believers through their relationship with Jesus Christ. This doesn’t evolve naturally in a community of believers but comes only by the power of God working through and among us.
(Acts 2:42, 44, 46)
2. Discipleship – Discipleship is a lifelong journey of obedience to Christ that transforms a person’s values and behavior and results in ministry in one’s home, church, and the world. It’s the process of teaching the new people in God’s family to love, trust, and obey Him, and teach them how to share the good news of the gospel with others.
3. Worship – This is any activity in which believers experience God in a meaningful, spiritually transforming way. It leads worshippers to a deeper appreciation for God, a better understanding of His ways, and a deeper commitment to Him. Worship brings us face-to-face with our Creator and draws us closer to His image.
(Acts 2:42, 46-47)
4. Ministry – This is meeting another person’s need in the name of Jesus, expressed as service to people inside the church family and expressed as missions to those outside the church with the resources God provides. (Acts 2:45)
5. Evangelism– Christian evangelism is the process of sharing the gospel with unbelievers and by them repenting and receiving Christ into their lives, thereby enabling them to enter the Kingdom of God. Evangelism is the good news spoken by believers and lived out in their lives.
(Act 2:38, 41)